Organisation that has implemented good practice: I AMbitious
Type of organisation: Youth association
Target group: High school students
Aim: to connect ambitious students with inspiring professionals who share their career advice and experience and work together on some real projects.
A one-year non-formal education program that contains the various activities:
- 3-day self-development camp, where mentees get to know their classmates in the program, project team and meet their mentors,
- the project with a company – students get a project assignment from a specific company on which they will work in the teams.
- challenge with the city – students work together with the representative from the regional capital on some project – search for the solution of some problem in their city and turn it into reality.
- volunteering project – students are involved in volunteering projects, which they create themselves with their team and coordinators.
- workshops on critical thinking, presentation skills, time management, teamwork etc.
- discussions with successful and inspiring people who share their stories,
Thus, during the program, students will get insights into private, public and NGO sectors and will learn more how those entities work, how to start a company or NGO, etc. The program is implemented in 4 regions of Slovakia currently. Participation in the program is not for free; it costs 15 euros for students per month.